Thursday, March 02, 2006

Straight Butter Goin' Yard

This basketball clip is a few weeks old, but it's still inspirational. An autistic waterboy gets put in a high school game and ends up scoring 20 points in 4 minutes. He gets 18 of those points off of 3-pointers. Take note of the reaction from the crowd and his teammates. Maybe we could get this Radio-Rudy to play for Carolina?



Who cares about hoops anyway.. it's baseball season. This weekend will be pitting the (#9) Yardcocks against the (#1) Clemson Terriers in a two game series. Both of these teams are powerhouses in collegiate baseball and should be making trips to Omaha this season. It's all going to come down to this: Can Clemson's defense (team ERA of .83) hold USC's offense (which scored 33 runs last weekend)?

Can't make the trip to the Sarge? Click here for a live video feed of Saturday's 1:30 matchup.

4 Comments:

At 3/04/2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will.

Homer: [long, slow gasp] He's named like my name!!

 
At 3/04/2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Dev said...

It automatically plays on tree-huggin Mac users.. but thanks for the .02

 
At 3/05/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Dev said...

The word 'clearly' isn't used correctly since I never said you owned a Mac. Come on now, utilizing the English language is the only marketable skill that you kids in dayca, err, I mean, Law School have. Ordering a pitcher at Salty Nut just doesn't pay what it used to. Feel free to consult the Merriam Webster dictionary for any other attempts at conversation. It's just one of the many ways the SoD fights illiteracy!

 
At 3/05/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Oh dear, where to begin?

1. 'exorbitant.' m-w.com, remember?
2. I'll let hygienists scrape teef. That type of time commitment would violate a strict golf and sleep schedule.
3. I 'clearly' learned how to interpret language when I learned how to read. I think that 'clearly' applies to most people. 'Clearly,' I can see how such beliefs could dilute your future diploma though.

Remember people, the secret to writing isn't wearing out your thesaurus. Middle school teachers usually respond to such by tattooing it 'gaudy' in red ink. I hope my harping on this subject 'clearly' makes that clearer. Now if you'll excuse me, I haven't had my afternoon cookies and chocolate milk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home