Monday, February 27, 2006

Here's the way to the next Whisky Bar

I ran across an article today that said a Scottish distillery is going to resume making a 184-proof whisky. That's not really my flavor anymore, but I know plenty of people that subscribe to a good throat-burning single malt. The Scots at the Bruichladdich distillery aptly named this liquor as Perilous Whisky, which sounds about right.

You can place your orders for it at $700 a case, but shipments won't start until they finish distilling it- ten years from now. That's pretty smart of the distillery, because I'll bet a significant fraction of the alcoholics that buy this stuff will probably forget about it by tomorrow. (So you're telling me I spent $700 on booz last night and got this tattoo?) For the people that are still drooling about this stuff, the overseas drunks attempted (and failed) at setting up webcams so you could watch the distilling process of the Perilous Whisky over the next decade. Talk about protecting your investment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home