Monday, March 13, 2006

Music: New London Fire

I caught a show by the energetic, techno-pop New London Fire (website, myspace) at the Map Room this weekend.

I was sold after the vocals and fast tempo of their opening song. Click here for a few free mp3s.. I particularly like 'Different' and 'We Don't Bleed.' For the multimedia averse, be careful.. music may play upon loading of these pages. I know I've commented on the Map Room before, but I have to say this is one of my favorite venues. Good acoustics, nice couches, and best of all it doesn't have that dirty feel of most other dives.

6 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but they are not better than the "Thomas Reed Band"...those guys rock and will blow up anyday now.....you just wait...

 
At 3/14/2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

closer would be the correct name

 
At 3/14/2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

closer to what, now that is a deep question

 
At 3/14/2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Wow, this sounds like it could get pretty interesting

 
At 3/15/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Dev.
You think I will get arrested on saturday if I bring the BB gun down to fivepoints to shoot trey in the ass a million times like at the tool party. got to love St. Patty's

 
At 3/22/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they will always be know as the Thomas Reed Band, eventhough no one in the band is named Thomas Reed......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home