Thursday, March 23, 2006

I-Deaf

I got on the elevator today to go up to the 6th floor. I was running late, so of course we stopped at every floor along the way. Around the 3rd floor, this girl got on while listening to her ipod (normal student accessory). She was blaring some 3 6 Mafia, I could hear her staying fly (IIII II II I) from a few feet away. I just stood there thinking this is a perfect example of how mp3 players are leading to hearing loss. I've read a few studies on this, but the best way I've seen this process described is to compare your hearing to walking on some grass. If you walk away, the grass heals after a few days. Keep treading on it, and well.. you get the picture.

Also, Charleston's traffic was crippled yesterday when the Ashley River Bridge wouldn't close all the way.. and I was there at ground zero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home