Tuesday, May 09, 2006

An Early Summer Night's Walk

So in an attempt to escape the noxious fumes of highlighters and razor-sharp index cards, I took Chap for a midnight walk to find some clarity the other night. As we turned onto a street in our 'hood, I spotted Rick. Even with all his natural, predatory instinct, the killer attack wolf dog didn't notice him. I saw him though.. and he looked right back at me. I didn't want to relive this old memory, so we stayed on the other side of the street.

Chap and I walked for a few more blocks until I realized how late it was, so we headed back home. When we passed the yard where Rick previously sat, it was empty.. so I let Chap mark his territory. That's when I heard this weird sound. It was a deep, rhythmic sound of a guttoral nature.. a sound that immediately reminded me of when big boy ate too much mashed potatoes before running the mile in P.E. class. I looked down right in time to see Chap throw up on the sidewalk. On closer inspection, I didn't see any carpet in his emesis, which pleased me on multiple levels. But it was odd. The KAWD has a tough stomach. Yet he just happens to coincidentally throw up at the same location where we previously saw the white whale on the same night. I didn't like the situation one bit, so we went home, locked the door, split a pepto, and tried to get some sleep.

7 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky! Rosco likes to regurgitate in my room, his sleeping area.

 
At 5/11/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In more notable news, America was shocked last night when Chris Daughtry did not make it to the semis of American Idol.

Chris himself even looked shocked - perhaps even a little angry - but you voted, America, and now it's down to Katherine (who received the second-lowest number of votes), Taylor, and Elliott.

Tune in on Tuesday at 8/7c to watch what promise to be some spectacular performances by our 3 semifinalists.

Seacrest, out.

 
At 5/11/2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dev,
This american idol up date crap is pretty gay. Just giving you the heads up

 
At 5/11/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Dev said...

..because I definitely ask for them.

Anywho, just tell whoever this Chris guy is to just bang Paula Abdul to get back in the show.. but it won't matter because curvy's wardrobe malfunction has probably sealed the deal.

Also, my insiders have told me that Britney will be replacing Abdul after next season.

 
At 5/16/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Metro Sexual Wanna-be" would definitely know "pretty gay" when he sees it, that's for sure!!!

I'm sure you appreciate the heads up though.

 
At 5/16/2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seacrest, out.

 
At 5/17/2006 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home