Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Feast of Beasts

So I had a dinner party last night. Wait.. dinner parties are for people that are pretentiously over the hill. I had a hell-raising cookout yesterday! The idea for it came up during happy hour after this past weekend's Sunday Beach Club. One of the chickies mentioned she wanted to have a progressive dinner and start a supper club.

I met both of those comments with a blank stare.. the hamster was running hard. So I said 'sounds like a good idea.. why don't I have a few people come over to my place for a cookout.' Well, I got boozed up at a party on Monday and after yapping all night 'a few people' became about 30 people and two dogs. And 'a cookout' became the Feast of Beasts!

My rules were as follows:

If you have facial hair... bring beer.
If you have hooters... bring a side.
If you have both... bring liquor.
And if you have neither... bring dog treats. (I personally prefer the ones that are in the shape of dogs and look like cheetos, even though they aren't cheesed up.)


The Menu:
ribs, venison tenderloin, 2 beer can chickens, beaufort stew, 4 types of sausages (venison stuffed with jalapeno cheese was my favorite), quail, and 10 lbs of bbq.

For sides, the hooters brought:
green beans, salad, 4 types of macaroni, mashed potatoes, salsa, kettle chips, and cookies.


Somehow even with all this food I managed to not eat much and instead found the bottom of a bottle of Jim Beam. And the bottom of a Cuervo bottle. It looked like a fun time was had by all and I consider this a big step towards my new 'it's time to grow up' hobby.

12 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great time! As always, you can put a spin on a "dinner party"...20-something year old girls proudly bringing their homemade mac-and-cheese soon transition to beer drinkers screaming at the cards for being "high" instead of "low." Hopefully we can make it a monthly event!
Erin

 
At 6/22/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Yeh.. I guess I meant to write 'baby steps' instead of 'big steps' in the last sentence. Next time I'll pack all the shot glasses in storage.

 
At 6/23/2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guessing Boz brought the liquor.

 
At 6/23/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to Dev to host a progressive dinner that doesn't move.

 
At 6/23/2006 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! After over a week of silence and two embarrassingly sucky posts, The SoD is back, with authority, and Taylor Hicks' single is climbing the charts as well.

Oh, happy day.

Seacrest, out.

 
At 6/23/2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, a picture update

 
At 6/23/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Actually, the progressive dinner did eventually move.. about two handfuls of us made an excursion to dd pecker's wing shack.

As far as the picture update.. I decided to put a shutter over the aperture of my life for a few months.

 
At 6/23/2006 7:15 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

Looks like a great party, but I am a bit suprised with the lack of cheese and meat stuffed meat. As for Supper Clubs, what the heck is up with everyone starting Supper Clubs?

 
At 6/26/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wty, shut up....

 
At 6/26/2006 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with anon.

Wty, I shall henceforth refer to you as The Gameless Wonder.

Seacrest, out.

 
At 6/27/2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually i remember someone telling dev about having super club at the lake nice theft devina

 
At 6/27/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Looks like anonymous isn't that good at the 'guess who I am' game..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home