Friday, June 02, 2006

Could I get that smothered in ham please? Thanks

I've been hanging out at this (relatively) new bar in Charleston called D.D. Peckers Wing Shack. It's a crusty locals place and if they put a lot of renovation work into it the place could almost be considered a dive. It's a fun place.. you're rarely charged for everything you drink, the waitresses make great scenery, and you always leave with a story or two. I want to focus on their food though. I think I ate four consecutive dinners at double D's last week. I was impressed for the most part.. here are a few notes:

The Chicken Bayou- I highly recommend this culinary miracle. It's a buffalo fried chicken sandwich that's smothered in ham and cheese. That's right! I've finally found a restaurant that has my favorite condiment: ham!

The Schmitter (pictured above)- When I first read its description, the Schmitter almost became an InstantClassic(tm). The menu described it as a roast beef sandwich topped with a layer of pepperoni, all of which is then drenched in thousand island dressing. Shazzzzaaaaam! Unfortunately, the individual components of the Schmitter didn't synergistically summate into some type of megasandwich whose consumption could only be contained in the bowels of heroes like Superman and myself. I decided to consult with the SODIOY to make sure I'm not making some type of food critique faux pas, but he agrees with me. He told me 'pepperoni, salami, and cappicola.. good stuff together. But pepperoni and roast beef? forgeddaboutit.'

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Cracker said...

Hey Dev, you follow hockey? Hurricanes fan? eh?

 
At 6/06/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

I am pulling for Edmonton, though I'm not so interested now that Rolli is out.

 
At 6/06/2006 11:00 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Cracker, whats up man?

Don't really follow hockey but I hear some cock-diesel Carolina boys are tearin' it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home