Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Memorial of a Day

Man, what a great weekend.

Weekend? Yep, like the weekend four days ago. I guess I'm just now recovering. There was plenty of beer, golf, beaches, seafood, and buffoonery to go around. Monday topped off an incredible coastal weekend. We woke up Monday to find a grill filled with 5 pounds of half-cooked chicken. I guess our momentum to cookout at 2 AM the night before dwindled and we all passed out, leaving the grill unmanned.

No problem, the Advice Man got some crab lines and nets and we took our raw, perfectly seasoned chicken to my backyard. It turns out the deadliest catch are a fan of Italian dressing marinades.
After living off the land Monday morning, we took it to the beaches of Sullivan's Island where I landed a second asterisk next to my undefeated record on my horseshoes. Finish the night off with some Beaufort stew and I'd say we had an incredible Memorial Day.

4 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Love the blue crabs... Great eats man.

 
At 6/01/2006 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fabulous Memorial Day for the American Idols as well, as the 10 finalists appeared at the Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, less than a week after Taylor Hicks bested Katharine McPhee as American Idol season 5 champion!

Seacrest, out.

 
At 6/02/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

I'll take crab over chicken anyday, now toss them both on that Hardees burger and supersize my fries,throw in a coke, and we're really talking.

. . . yeah, I said Supersize

. .. . Coke

 
At 6/06/2006 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dev, when will you grow up or are you always going to be a toys r us kid?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home