Sunday, April 09, 2006

Some Busywork

SoD readers,
I'd like to take a new approach to today's post. I'm gonna link a story that I'm sure some of you have already stumbled upon. It's an interesting read and I would like to hear your opinions on it.

Unfortunately, it's rather long.

Luckily, half of you are pseudo-intellectual grad students so I'm sure you're up for it. The rest of you are underworked and overpaid, so forego your morning walk around the office and do some reading.

Click here.

Note: I have no strong opinion about this either way. You're welcome to comment however you'd like. Hell, post under anonymous if you want. I'm just looking forward to hearing from you.

6 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disturbing, well written, and entirely possible.

 
At 4/10/2006 10:51 PM, Blogger Crummy said...

A very powerful writing. I would like to believe that things half a world away will not go this far. However, it is hard to say. I remember seeing that Nostradamus predicted, if you believe you can read that into his writing, that the big war begun around the time of 9/11.
Two notes:
1. I read Hyperion by Mr. Simmons and it was a very good Science Fiction book about a future time on a distant planet. It is a recommended read.
2. I was relatively unaffected by the article until I got to the part where the Time Traveler said, "The Indianapolis 500 – one hour and twenty-three minutes into the race." As some people may know I have not missed attending an Indy 500 since 1998. This statement certainly hit home for me. Originally, I thought that it was unfortunate that I was going to miss the race this year. Maybe it is not so bad.

 
At 4/11/2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Dev said...

I've always felt that Nostradamus and all the predictions in various sacred books have been a bit vague. It seems like they all need a good amount of fear in the reader to earn credibility.

 
At 4/11/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Does anyone else think this story ripped off the plot from Terminator? Reece, John Connor's father from the future, comes back to warn of the doomsday. What was the date he gave us, something like July 6th, 2012?

 
At 4/12/2006 8:53 AM, Blogger fatboyfat said...

Well written, but ultimately a fictional device. The Neocons would have a field day with it...

 
At 4/12/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Dev said...

'Fear Gone Wild.. if you thought Fear was wild before, wait til you see what it does when Snoop Dogg and Cheney get ahold of it.'

..back to the bombshelter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home