Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Sanctuary

I took the killer attack wolf dog to the dog park this past weekend. I love going there, it truly is my sanctuary. There are plenty of picnic tables to doze off on, a tranquil pond and other eye-candy, and best of all my dog can terrorize pets and people other than me. So as we're walking in, I notice this middle-aged couple at one of the benches and they have their golden retrievers with them. Then, out of nowhere, the lady begins screaming. I guess screaming is an understatement, she began shrieking as if she were being attacked or like she saw a deadly ghost. And during all this, her dogs are just idly sitting there.

I didn't really think anything of this, maybe this is how she trained her pets? Maybe she's German? Who knows?

So I take my dog to the pond area on the other side of the park and let him free. While watching after my juvenile delinquent, I continue to hear those shrieks every few minutes along with a barrage of expletives. I guess this was my first encounter with Tourette's.

Later in the afternoon, I notice another young couple walking around with some type of miniature dog. Of course Chap has to go chase it around. So I decide to give the couple a break and get ahold of him. Well, while the guy was bent over holding his weiner dog.. Chap walked behind him, lifted his leg and stealthily took a leak on the guy's pants. The chick that was with him was so focused on their dog that she didn't notice it either.

Since they didn't have a problem with getting peed on, I didn't either. So I decided to grab Chap and quickly exit the park. I bought him an assortment of dog bones and toys later that night.

5 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 8:23 AM, Blogger Moose said...

Dev you might call it your sanctuary, but I call it retard field day. But watching chap mark his territory aka random guy's leg was pretty funny.

 
At 1/18/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Coincidentally, I just saw a news report saying people should watch out on James Island because they just found a second case of rabies out there. Feeling better?

 
At 1/19/2006 10:54 AM, Blogger Moose said...

I thought chap already had rabies. I mean he only bit the shit out of me like 15 times, and I was sick all day monday and tuesday. funny how that works

 
At 1/19/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Yeh, well I'm still struggling with solid food.

 
At 1/23/2006 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you can train him to do that on command I might be willing to rent him for a day. There's lots of Clemson that needs a good pissin on and I can only do so much. Careful though, word on the street is a certain Canadian with a new mane of plugs might be lookin for similar services to satisfy his cravings for canine golden showers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home