Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ski Trip

This past weekend renewed my faith in skiing in North Carolina. The conditions were good and the slopes were empty.
The timing helped out.. I recommend for anyone planning on hitting the slopes in the Southeast to check out Sugar Mountain the weekend between New Year's and Martin Luther King.

Unfortunately I was a bit over-zealous in picking out my skiis, so I didn't get to fully appreciate the runs. They did help me impale a resting snowboarder.

Of course the weekend had its share of the usual buffoonery. Happy Birthday MB. Click 'My Pictures' to the right to check out the pics.

3 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Dev,
You ski like Bodie Miller, he is out best skier and he is shitfaced most of the time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/05/60minutes/main1182654.shtml

 
At 1/09/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Dev said...

"Watching Bode ski can also be a risky business. Even if he ends up on his feet or on his skis, sometimes a spectator does not."

If you thought I was a land missile in previous trips, you should have seen me this weekend. I rented skiis that were way too long for me.. I think I saw flames coming out the back. I took out a resting snowboarder too. Anyway, see how empty the slopes were?

 
At 1/10/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Moose said...

Must have been nice, I think after last year I might be banned from the North carolina mountains. But if anybody needs some glass broken, just give me a call

 

Post a Comment

<< Home