Sunday, January 29, 2006

In Vino Veritas

It looks like I hit my limit on wine for the year just in the month of January. Pinot, cab, merlot, riesling.. just pour it all together, it all ends up in the same place. One of the events during the 72 hours of dinner, dancing, drinking, debauchery, and dessert was school-sponsored. These are always fun because after 40 hours of lectures and labs it always fun to see peoples' strictly-social side. I guess that's similar to a bizzaro personality. Interestingly though, I think that some of us wear our Mr. Hyde persona much more than our aspiring-to-be Dr. Jekyll yang.

(Sergeant Major Damselfish, Abudefduf saxatilis)

Another key event of the weekend was a wedding party for a former high school classmate. I don't think that many of our graduating class have been together since commencement. It was weird, I only saw everyone as they were in high school. Maybe it was because we all reverted from being in our mid-twenties to 15 year olds. After about 3 minutes of banal small talk, it was time for us to resume where we left off. The cut-throat wit came out. Running jokes that ran out from junior year resurfaced. And were retold. And retold. Someone brought up the fact that our ten year reunion is quickly approaching. That had me thinking, I don't think I'm anywhere near where I thought I'd be 6 years removed from high school (for better and for worse). Maybe that's just a mid ten year reunion crisis.

Oh well, I guess it could be worse..

Pics are up. For those that didn't take or have forgotten 8th grade Latin, the title means 'The truth is in the wine.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home