Monday, October 17, 2005

Underwater bike

I was walking Chap one evening when I found this bicycle sitting on the side of the road. Clearly, it's been underwater for quite some time.

Maybe it was in my backyard. Over thousands of walks with my dog the past few months, I've come to know every other dog owner in town. Of course, part of dog walking etiquette states that upon confrontation with another dog being walked, the two owners must engage in atleast 10 minutes of boring conversation. Other protocol includes inquiring about the other dog's breed, and also allowing the two dogs to sniff each other.. but that's not relevant. Is any of this relevant to the barnacle-laden bike? Yes, I was just getting to that.

So during one of these conversations, the lady who owns the boykin spaniel told me that a child went missing a few years ago. It was actually a few months before I moved into my place. She told me that the kid just went missing and that the entire neighborhood looked for him. They finally found him 3 days later in the (previously linked) my backyard area. Could this bike be another piece of the puzzle to that case? I don't know, but if it isn't then this bike must logically belong to Aquaman's son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home