Monday, September 12, 2005

Georgia Post-game, Bama predictions

So this recurring theme with the USC/UGA game is getting old. Carolina is usually playing a ranked Georgia team, and people make them out to be unbeatable. Here are a few predictions that I gathered this year:

Vegas: Georgia wins by 18. I thank everyone that bet me Georgia could cover, yall bought my dog a new doghouse and I got a new hat.

Clemson/Georgia Fans (before the game): "UGA is gonna hang 50 on Carolina. There's no way yall can match up with a physical team like that."

Clemson/Georgia Fans (after the game): "Carolina sure did get lucky. Georgia was playing sloppy and that's what kept yall in the game. The score doesn't reflect how much yall got dominated."

I admit though, in the end it only matters if you won or lost. I don't believe in moral victories, USC lost to a SEC team that was held to 112 yards on the ground. We lost the game by not scoring the easy points.

So now we face Alabama, which has a history of football greatness.

"There's no way USC can beat Alabama. They have too much tradition. Ever heard of the Bear? Our starting QB is healthy. We have the best secondary you've ever seen. We're going to hang 50 on yall. The line already has us by 2.5."

I guess they're right. I mean, they did have 470 total net yards against the University of Southern Mississippi. Interestingly, 330 of those yards were in the air.. I guess Ko Simpson, Jonathan Joseph, Fred Bennett, and ironman SEC Freshman of the week Carlos Thomas will have to try and not suck. I guess it'll be best to disregard the fact that Carolina beat them 20- a field goal in their backyard last year while playing LouBall(tm). Oh well, I guess we'll just play the game anyway.. I'll go with a 17-10 Carolina win.

I guess this is tangentially related, but how about Jonathan Hannah? Did we throw to a tight end?

1 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Dev,
Boyd had a touchdown the week before as a tight end. Spurrier system requires a tight-end that can catch as well as Block.

Georgia is not the team that people make them out to be, DJ isn't the QB that is going to dominate a SEC schedule as people believe he can. Does anybody remember Quincy, enough said? Alabama presents the challenge of having one of the best rush defenses in the nation, not so much a pass defense. Granted Carolina can’t run for shit so far this season but as we all know it has to come soon then later, with the way we are throwing the ball down the field. Remember the “Bear” is great and all but Alabama hasn’t had the same Bear like teams in the last ten years.
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home