Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Results

What a season everyone! Sorry I've it's taken me awhile, I got sidetracked a few times. Louis led the bowl game challenge with 11 correct picks. But as you recall, the race for first place was between Southern Sweetheart and Will (both of them had 85 correct picks by the end of the regular season).

Well guess what? They both had 9 correct picks during the bowl game to finish with 94 so it came down to the final score of the BCS championship game to be the tiebreaker.

As you recall, Florida scored 41 points while the Ohio State only mustered 14 points after 60 minutes of play.

So..

Will- 59
Southern Sweetheart- 67

Congrats to Will for becoming the winner of the first annual Summer of Dev College Football Pick'em Contest! Your frame will be displayed until the end of March Madness and you have also earned rights to prognosticating during the contest next season!

11 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 7:58 AM, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Well I'll be damned. So close, yet so far. Congratulations Will!!! You won fair and square. I'm happy to have been able to hang with you guys all season. That in itself was an accomplishment to me!

 
At 1/17/2007 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats to will....i will take my fourth place "loss" and return to my side of the world.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you. i would like to first thank all the other contestants this year, you all gave good performances but there could only be one champ. i would like to thank, well, myself for making those picks this year. I couldnt have done it without my supreme knowledge of the game and the teams involved. And well everyone should get ready for the newest contributor to "The Summer of Dev". I will be making my apperance once the season begins, to give you first hand knowledge on all the games and maybe even an inside pick on who to take. but for now I will be on vacation, loathing in the sun and sand drinking ice cold beers, frockling with dolphins, dreaming of my victory, and getting ready for next year. OR I will be sitting here at my boring ass desk, doing shit work for the next 6 months. Good times

 
At 1/17/2007 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winning the bowl game challenge didn't get me shit

 
At 1/17/2007 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is tom tom post under lj? "big angry"

 
At 1/17/2007 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Will, well played.

 
At 1/22/2007 7:00 PM, Blogger FortuneCookie said...

Nothing happens unless first a dream.

Hello Dev!

 
At 1/23/2007 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dev must be on vacation again, or he has decided to only post during football season

 
At 1/23/2007 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is everyone? Crummy? Penny? Dev? Don't really care about that other guy with ears. You guys doing research or what?

 
At 1/26/2007 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want my SOD

 
At 2/06/2007 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

summer of dev is DUNZO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home