Monday, January 08, 2007

#4

It looks like Gamecocks receiver Sidney Rice is declaring for the NFL draft. I'll be honest, I was pretty bummed when I first heard the news. He didn't produce as much this year, but NFL scouts are probably drooling over this 6'4" receiver whose physical play and hands naturally come down with the ball. I was pumped about this kid after watching him play in the football state championship (I say football because he also led Gaffney to a basketball state championship too). I was surprised when we redshirted him, but we have coaches to make that type of decision.



Like I said, the news got me down at first. I started wondering are we going to experience another year of 'damn, I wonder how we would have been if he stayed?' similar to this season after the early departures of Jonathan Joseph and Ko Simpson. But then I figured that USC will never really have to worry about the offensive side of the ball with Spurs calling the shots. If you follow recruiting you should know that we have a stellar receiving corp about to enroll, and a few of them are of similar height. Will they have the same type of hands? Who knows? My .02 is just that if they are ready to play, then let them. There isn't much sense is wasting a redshirt year on a skills player that will probably leave after their sophomore or junior year. Anywho, as long as Spurrier doesn't take the joint Miami Dolphins/University of Miami job then we'll be fine. Good luck Mr. Rice.

4 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoop to you to

 
At 1/08/2007 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p-u-s-s-y!

 
At 1/09/2007 5:42 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

Where do you think he'll go in the draft?

My Vikes sure could use a receiver that doesn't get a concussion from the ball hitting him in the hands.

 
At 1/16/2007 11:16 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Your Vikes already stole one of our receivers early.

I'm not sure how Sidney feels about cruiseships either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home