Friday, December 09, 2005

Dealing with the Public (Part II)

Apparently the grocery store I frequent is a magnet for bizarre activity, especially when I'm there.

Me: I forgot my bonus card, can you look it up by phone number?
Cashier: Don't worry about it, I got you..

While I was checking out, I noticed the cashier in the next aisle was cracking up with her customer. I overheard something like "yeh it's asleep, but it woke up once we got to the produce area." That statement got me a little curious (and nervous).

So while I was figuring out the steps to get some cash back, the neighboring customer came to show my cashier the 'it' that was in her pocket. That 'it' turned out to be a fucking squirrel. Sorry, everyone at the Summer of Dev(tm) fully believes in keeping this friendly to all readers.. but she had a fucking squirrel in her pocket.

I finished paying and was about to leave, but an opportunity like this doesn't come around everyday (or does it?).. so I approached the lady.

Me: Hey lady, lemme see that squirrel.
Lady: Oh sure..
Me: Mind if I take a picture?
Lady: Aww, go ahead! Want a profile shot?

(Before she could finish her question I had already taken it.)


Lady: Watch this, when I scratch him behind the ears his legs shake.
Me: That's cool, I actually have a domesticated pet at home that does the same thing..

Keep in mind that this is the same grocery store that had the canine go-cart. I'm not sure what exactly is going on. The only possible explanation I have is that everytime I go to the grocery store I get shuttled through some Space-Time Warp and actually end up shopping in Spartanburg.

8 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger hemlock said...

Squirrel's are damn cute, but I could only imagine the damaged they'd do to your house!!

 
At 12/09/2005 11:50 AM, Blogger Dev said...

Well, my 'killer attack wolf dog' has done a good bit of damage to my house. As far as squirrels go, they may seem cute but they are pretty mischievous.. anyone from the University of South Carolina will tell you that.

 
At 12/12/2005 11:12 AM, Blogger Dev said...

Bill,
I expected that from Trey, but not you. Also, feel free to snag 4 or 5 section AA tickets for the Winthrop game.

 
At 12/13/2005 12:16 PM, Blogger Moose said...

I am going to be so drunk for the winthrop game

 
At 12/18/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Dev said...

The WA is Squirrel Country..

 
At 12/20/2005 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grocery stores are crazy. One time a middle aged, well dressed woman stole my cart and then bragged to her friends about it.

 
At 12/21/2005 12:14 AM, Blogger Dev said...

Well Crummy, we have a surprise for you.. that middle aged woman was actually none other than Patty fat sack in disguise.

 
At 12/21/2005 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the Nip/Tuck review?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home