Thursday, November 17, 2005

USC vs. Pickens County Technical College

Well hell.

It's that time of year where my blood just boils. It's that time in South Carolina where you can't even agree to disagree. I've been good this year. I've stayed away from the sports articles, the news, and even football buddies. This rivalry goes deep, but yall know this.

Yall know how you feel when you see urnge. Yall know how irksome Tigers on the Rag sounds. Yall know the ultimate Daddy's boy, Tommy Bowden. This rivalry goes so deep in South Carolina, I'm not sure if I can bridge friendships over it. I don't even like traveling through the upstate, especially the epicenter of the South: Greenville (it's only like an hour from Atlanta and there are pretty trees). It's the big game in a state that nobody else really cares about..it's like watching two ants fight over a bread crumb. The winner of this rivalry gets more than the crumbs though, they get the Braggin' Rights.

It's already been an amazing season. Who knew we could win after October? Who knew the Gamecocks could march onto the field with such a confident swagger? I hope whatever super-glue Spurrier uses can keep this team together for one more game. Our record doesn't mean a damn thing come Saturday. We might as well be 0-10. Heck, I'd rather have the mindset of an 0-10 team coming into this game. The only comfort I have right now is that Vegas picked the tigers by 2.5 and we know how accurate they have been. Oh well, let's just go play some ball..

Here's a little extra help to get focused.

3 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 8:41 AM, Blogger Moose said...

spurrier isn't going to put up with that Urange crap. He doesn't really care about clemson but at least he looks at it like an other team.

 
At 11/21/2005 1:44 PM, Blogger Moose said...

Here is the kicker, Central Florida can win the Conf. USA title tonight, greatest college football turn around of all time. 0-11 last year to 9-3 this year. that includes a lose to Carolina.
Clemson is headed to idaho ahahahahahahahaahahah

 
At 11/21/2005 6:54 PM, Blogger Dev said...

I'm a fan of UCF. George O'Leary might give SOS a run for coach of the year, and rightfully so. I said it before the season started, they're going to be a force in the future. Orlando would have the Southern Cal appeal for me if I was a college-bound athlete. I've been too lazy to do it, but I'd like to see how many penalties Carolina had in its last 4 or 5 games. It had to be a new school low.. a sign of a good coach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home