Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Music: The Killers

I recently saw the band The Killers in concert, and I have to rank them as one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen. If you have the option to check this band out, I highly recommend it. These guys just catered to their fans and filled the audience with energy. They put on such a good show that I bought their CD. That's right, you can still buy CDs in stores. Even the opening band, Louis the XIV, was entertaining.


The only complaint I have from the show is that The Killers only played for a little over an hour. Now I know they only have one CD out and have a limited number of songs to play, but it still felt like a short concert. One of the local radio stations is having a contest where the winner will be flown out to Hawaii to see The Killers live. It just seems weird to me to put people on a 17 hour flight to see a 45 minute concert. Now I've heard there's a few things to do in Hawaii to kill time, like visiting the boyhood home of Chad Rowan Yokozuna or collecting igneous rocks.. but that just doesn't sweeten the deal for me. Sorry 96 Wave, but ya ain't sendin' me to Hawaii anytime soon.. especially not during the Summer of Dev. I feel sorry for the "saps" that "win" this "contest."

On the other hand, my close friends the Tanners recently returned from Hawaii and had a great time.. despite the fact that Joey had recurring hallucinations about a native girl and they were stranded on a deserted island for a couple of hours. Damn you clipboard of fun! In the end though, it all worked out because they were chosen to perform with the Beach Boys. I guess I won't rule out all Hawaiian vacation contests this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home